ATM security is one of the most important issues faced by banks and financial institutes. To provide security, it is required to categorize ATM attacks. All attacks fall into three categories: physical attack, software attacks and ATM fraud. One of the security solutions for an ATM is physical protection.
This solution can be used for different systems and conditions. Physical protection system includes different features among which are the features listed below:
- Sensitive to unauthorized moving of ATM
- Sensitive to unauthorized opening of cabinet and safebox
- Sensitive to strong hits and high temperature
- Send SMS in pre-defined conditions
- Contact specified numbers in pre-defined conditions
- Android system for controlling the machine and receiving emergency alarm
- Send SMS in case of main power blackout and use of back-up battery
- 8 hours battery performance
- Four channel recording system (NVR or DVR)
- Image recording as Motion or Masking
- Record locally all events and possibility of online viewing via network
- Add system possibility (audio, special speaker, microphone)
- Select proper communication system (GSM/VPN/Wireless)
Considering a bank or a financial institute’s requirements, the high importance of physical protection is clear. It must be mentioned that this system is already implemented for five branches of Maskan bank in Ardebil province.